Crerar Hotels Trust helps support Children 1st
Crerar Hotels Trust has donated £15,000 to the Children 1st charity, who work to give every child in Scotland a safe and secure childhood.
Children 1st traces its origins back to 1884 and for many years were known as the RSSPCC (Royal Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children). They became Children 1st in 1995, to communicate that children are at the heart of everything they do. Not only do they want to prevent harm - they also want to ensure that every child gets the love and nurture they deserve.
Children 1st help Scotland’s families to put children first, with practical advice and support in difficult times. And when the worst happens, they provide caring support to survivors of abuse, neglect and other traumatic events in childhood.
Crerar Hotel Trust’s donation will be going towards the care and ongoing support of 40 abused children from the Argyll and Bute area. Children 1st accomplishes this by offering:
- Using art and creative outlets as an effective way to communicate with children, as most don’t have the words to explain or express their distress
- Helping children make sense of their experiences as well as encouraging them to develop trusting relationships with safe boundaries.
- Helping parents and carers of the children to recover from their own hurt and anger.
- Providing project workers to meet with children, together with their families once a week in a safe space.
- Tracking children’s progress and agreeing with a child and their family what outcomes they want to achieve
Chairman of Crerar Hotels Trust, Paddy Crerar, said “supporting vulnerable children in our communities is a key priority for the trust. The work Children 1st are doing to offer support is so admirable and very much vital for the future of these communities.”