Golf Breaks in Nairn by Inverness
Golf View Hotels & Spa works with you to create your perfect Scottish golf experience, whether it be a one off event, short golf break or bespoke luxury golf vacation.
We are proud to now be offering a two night golfing break, including a full Crerar breakfast and a round of golf at two different local courses. Perfect for both beginners and keen golfers. Find out the details here.
Few places could offer more stunning settings for classic links golf than the Highlands of Scotland. From Nairn to Dornoch, this part of Scotland is blessed with many excellent golf courses, all offering a challenge to golfers of all levels as well as superb surroundings. While the Nairn Championship Course and Royal Dornoch are probably the best known golf courses in the area, there are enough courses to fill a full golf itinerary to keep any golfer satisfied.
Try Nairn Dunbar or Tain which are both relatively flat links, or the inland Boat of Garten, often described as one of the most picturesque courses in Scotland. With so many fantastic Scottish golf courses, Scotland is more than the Home of Golf; it is the home of links golf, the original form of the game that had its beginnings in Scotland over 600 years ago. Scotland’s golf courses have forged a reputation as the finest and the most famous links golf courses in the world.
At Golf View Hotel & Spa, our aim is to create an unforgettable golf vacation for you, taking in the best of golf in Nairn and the surrounding area. We can plan everything for you, leaving you to enjoy your golfing vacation in the knowledge that you will be experiencing the finest standards of golf and the warmest Scottish hospitality. We understand the importance of high quality, personal service both before, and during, your golf tour.
Few towns the size of Nairn feature two championship golf courses in such close vicinity. Within just over one mile of each other lie the excellent facilities of Nairn Golf Club and Nairn Dunbar Golf Club. Nearby there are two more golfing gems - the Royal Dornoch and Castle Stuart championship links courses. Together they provide a challenging and enjoyable test for all standards of players - from novices to the world’s top amateurs and professionals.
- Group rates
- 18-hole golf course near by
- Stunning locations
- Tailor made packages
- AA 4 Star and Rosette Restaurant
- Transport and tee times organised
- Speciality breaks for yourself or other guests in your party
- Scottish malt whisky tours which can be incorporated into your trip
- Professional tuition on a one to one or group basis
- Working with golf agents
Situated on the shores of the Moray Firth, the Nairn Dunbar golf course, founded in 1899, is a highly rated Scottish links championship course representing a formidable challenge with its gorse and when lined fairways. The club enjoys a growing reputation for high quality competition golf.
Renowned for its excellent condition and friendly reception to visitors, it has hosted many national events. More information available at: www.nairndunbar.com
Formed in 1877, Dornoch is one of the original places where golf was played in Scotland with a golf history dating back to the 17th Century.
The Club was started in 1877 and the Championship Course was designed by the legendary Tom Morris who used the unique links-land features to create a magical golfing experience.
Royal Dornoch is only 45 miles from the bustling city of Inverness, but is a true haven of peace, tranquillity and, of course, world class golf.
More information available at: www.royaldornoch.com
Nairn is a fine test of golf for amateur and professional alike, with abundant heather and gorse, perhaps the best greens of any course in Scotland and a scenic mountainous backdrop to complete the package on offer here for a most enjoyable round of golf.
The Nairn Golf Club’s truly remarkable feature is that from every hole you can see the Moray Firth and the golden colouring and changing lights of the Black Isle. Founded in 1887, it is now one of the best courses in Scotland, and has hosted a large number of important championships. It is probably best known for hosting the Walker Cup of 1999 and will be host to the Curtis Cup in 2012.
This is one of the classic links courses of Scotland, an amalgamation of the work of Andrew Simpson,
Old Tom Morris, Ben Sayers and inevitably James Braid. Today’s layout is largely the work of Braid and spectacular it is in every regard. Great stands of gorse, wonderful crisp fairway turf and greens that are widely hailed as the best in Scottish golf are the legacy that Braid left in this beautiful corner of the Highlands.
More information available at: www.nairngolfclub.co.uk
- 42 stylish guestrooms;
- Conservatory with panoramic views across the Moray Firth;
- Inverness Airport 7 miles;
- Inverness 15 miles;
- Adjacent to The Nairn Golf Course;
- Five minutes from Nairn Dunbar Golf Course;
- Championship courses nearby are Castle Stuart & Royal Dornoch, plus popular Cawdor Castle Golf Club;
- Full Scottish breakfast;
- Use of hotel leisure club;
- Complimentary WiFi;
- Complimentary car parking;
- £10 reduction applies to accommodation for sole occupancy;
- Superior rooms: Executive rooms £30 supplement per room, per night;
- Suite/Luxury Four Poster Suite £50 supplement per room, per night;
- All superior rooms have sea views, fruit, magazines, bathrobes, slippers and enhanced toiletries;
- Dinner supplement £32.95 per person for a six course taster menu in Fairways Restaurant (£25 per person, if reserved at time of booking). The conservatory offers a more informal dining experience. A la carte dining options are also available;
- Secure storage for golf clubs on ground floor;
- Assistance with arranging transport to golf courses;
Golf View Hotel & Spa
63 Seabank Road